Luke is nine years old and lives with his parents in Erie County. He has autism, an intellectual disability, and cerebral palsy with difficulty walking. Luke has received services from the PA Elks Home Service Program for the past seven years.
Luke’s Home Service Nurse is Laura Kelley.
Laura and previous Elk Nurses have helped Luke and his family:
• Apply for grants for a new furnace
• Get a ramp built through Ramps of Hope
• Obtain supplies for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners
• Provide a handmade weighted blanket
• Accompanying them to appointments at the doctors
• Participate in meetings at schools
• Attend meetings at the Barber Center and Erie County Management
“The Elks Home Service Program has helped in so many ways. Any time we have needed help they have been there for us…..
We are very thankful for their services they offer.”
The Weigel family